Thursday 12 June 2014

Orchid portraits

The Coronation Meadow at Haunn is blossoming. Shades of yellow across the field studded with these wonderful orchids.  I am in heaven walking carefully along, recording the wild flower arrangements with my camera as I go.  There are Northern Marsh Orchids and lots which I think have hybridised as well as the more subtle Butterfly Orchids and the elegant Fragrant Orchids.  A series of portraits below.. they are all unique in their way. 










More Fragrants every day too.  This one was huge!





Butterfly orchids...



Marsh Cinquefoil..

The first Tufted Vetch..


And finally, a new find for Treshnish - Yellow Eyed Grass - Sisyrinchium californium. I found it growing beside the burn in the Black Park. Couldn't find it in any of the flower books, but Prasad was consulted and very quickly came back with a name and record of it being found near Dervaig in 1972! 




eXTReMe Tracker