Monday 22 June 2015

#30DaysWild - day 22

#30DaysWild Day

At 3am I woke and imagined I saw a patch of pink in the distant sky.  I woke up 3 hours later to brilliant sunshine! It has been with us all day, and what a wonderful feeling has been with me all day.


The morning view doesn't get much better!


Poor Robin. I don't know what has happened to his feathers. He was frequenting Arlene's cafe in Craignure. (as were Farmer and I, on an errand concerning a very heavy pine wardrobe from Castaways and a van)


Greenfinches, Redpolls and Siskins at the feeders today.


I managed two wild walks today.  A short one first when Prasad took me to see a Small White Orchid he had found in the Black Park.  I was able to point out yesterday's Yellow Eyed Grass.





This evening, the second and longer wild walk down below. Coco was my patient companion sitting waiting while I photograph Common twayblades, and Farmer walks through the cows in the field next door to make sure they are all okay.








There is a colony of Common gulls which breed here every year, and this year it would appear they have been very successful.  Dozens of gulls flew from their nesting area on the hill above the farm, down to the sea, and back. Again and again and again! Calling noisily all the time.








All in all, a very exhilarating walk.

eXTReMe Tracker